Vastu-shastra is an ancient building science that integrates the philosophy and theory of architectural works to construct any residential or commercial space. Vastu is not merely a science of constructing a property instead it is a connection with the ancient Vedic science that promotes blissful living. The basic principle of Vastu is to harmonize the architecture with the five natural elements — fire, water, air, sky, and earth. Vastu principles are known for balancing positive cosmic energy around your surroundings while promoting a peaceful relationship and eternal prosperity.
Every Vastu tip has a deep scientific reason behind its inception and thus, it becomes more plausible to follow them. So here are some Vastu tips for residential and commercial space to adapt for absolute happiness, prosperity, and growth in your life:
For Residential Property:
– A residential space should always be constructed on either a square or a rectangular plot – without any downward and uneven slope. According to Vastu and Feng Shui experts, the plots of irregular shapes like hexagon, oval, and triangle represent inauspiciousness and turbulence in family relationships.
– The entrance and doorway are places that harness and invite positive energy, prosperity, and tranquillity to your home. Thus, it’s important to position your doorway in accordance with Vastu principles. Your doorway should always face the north, east, or northeast direction. Also, the main door should be built with durable wood and its length should be greater than other doors in the house. Moreover, the total number of doors and windows should always sum up to even digits.
– A north-east corner is an ideal place for constructing a temple, meditation room, or yoga setup. To remove negative energy, you can also create an altar or place incense candles, diyas, and camphor. Additionally, the pop of bright colors (like white, orange, and green) will provide the right amount of energy to approach meditation and prayer positively.
– Your bedroom should always be constructed in the Southwest direction that exudes the utmost optimism and peace. Also, the bed will be placed in the south-west corner of the room and you should sleep with your head pointed towards the west. Painting your bedroom walls with bright colors and earthy shades will positively impact your body and mind while improving your relationship. The mirror in your bedroom shouldn’t reflect your bed; however, using mood lightings and aroma oil diffusers is a good idea to create a romantic ambiance.
– According to Vastu, Agni (the lord of fire) prevails in the southeast direction of the home – which is the ideal direction for the kitchen placement. While aiming towards a clutter-free kitchen, ensure that the cupboards are installed on the southern or western walls, and the utensils are cleaned regularly. Also, make sure that the electronic gadgets such as ovens, microwaves, and heaters should be placed in the southeast direction.
For Commercial Spaces:
– Your commercial space or office renovation should be constructed facing the North, North-East, or North-West direction. These auspicious directions will not only bring good fortune and positivity but will also make your employees feel fresh and productive.
– The reception area plays a major role in portraying a long-lasting impression and nature of the company. Thus, this area should articulate positive vibes and create a calm and relaxing ambiance. This area should ideally be constructed in the East or Northeast direction, and the receptionist must sit facing towards the East. While the table should be aligned diagonally to the door, you can also place a deity’s picture or idol near the reception area.
– To entice profits and clients, the entry area of the complex must be wide, attractive, and relaxing. You should avoid the south-west zone for the main gate as it can increase the outflow of money and thereby decrease its growth. Additionally, don’t place any obstacle near the entrance door as it may obstruct the business growth and energy flow.
– While working or dealing with important clientele, the main head of the business must face North direction. On the other hand, top-level management and managers should sit in the southern or western portion. Similarly, the northern or eastern sides are suitable for executives and other operational staff.
– Washrooms are generally associated with negative energy, thus, considering Vastu tips is a must. In an office, the washroom should be built in the West or North-West direction as it supports the elimination of waste and toxins from one’s body.
– Both the exterior and interior décor of the office must be painted with bright and vibrant colors like white, green, and orange. These colors are known for spreading positivity and enhance the productivity and profits of the business.
Appreciating the value of internal peace and tranquillity, Vastu promotes a cooperative relationship among the dwellers and employees. By following Vastu tips for residential and commercial space, you will realize the magic of Vastu Shastra; influencing a disciplined and harmonious life combined with great psychological and economic benefits.