The current global crisis of Covid-19 has brought about major changes in the interior designing and renovation industry. It is one of the sectors where maintaining social distancing is quite difficult as you require multiple people working on the same project at a location. And, another difficulty the industry faced was large scale labour migration because of the uncertain times. In spite of all these hurdles, team TASKO was able to carry forward with the projects in hand at Hyderabad given the team’s dedication and proactivity about making things work once the lockdown was over.
Obviously things weren’t easy in this new normal but we made it and gave our best.
Some of the steps taken during lockdown were:
- Updating our existing processes and SOPs to make the system more efficient.
- Kept the work ongoing with the existing customers via virtual meetings to fine-tune the designs and concepts.
- Kept a track of existing vendor base and their well-being to ensure availability post lockdown and avoid material scarcity.
Everyone in the team has been pushing themselves to come up with better and optimal solutions to all the problems that we have been facing. One such incident involves our critical supplier who had to travel to Rajasthan for some emergency during the lockdown. After the lockdown was lifted, he travelled from Rajasthan to Hyderabad on a bike just to deliver goods to us on time, sharing his live location with the team in the meanwhile. This shows the level of commitment that the entire value chain at TASKO has towards timely and effective service. All we wanted was the safety of every one of us along with the timely delivery of our projects.
Post-lockdown, the market scenario still remains uncertain. The supply chain of materials and essentials has taken a hit and many items are out of stock. Also, there are a number of restrictions in terms of work. While interiors are the kind of work where maintaining strict social distancing norms is difficult, we are ensuring certain best practices to take care of the health and wellbeing of our vendor partners as well as on-ground employees.
Here’s all that On-site safety precautions practice daily and without fail. For, we neither want to compromise with our health nor our work:
- Masks are provided to each employee and vendor working onsite
- Daily temperature logs are being maintained and monitored
- Use of hand sanitizers after every 2 hours of work is mandatory
- Not more than 4 workers are present at any given point on each site
- Providing the facility of staying at site wherever possible so as to reduce commuting and thereby minimizing the level of exposure
All of these On-site safety precautions not only for our employees and vendor support but also to our clients who are closely working with on a day to day basis while the work goes on at their project. In these testing times, it is important to reassess our priorities and shift our focus on things that are essential. A good amount of work has been shifted to the virtual space to avoid unnecessary meetings and travelling. These small steps will help the industry in the long run. Team TASKO is doing what it does best – helping you!
We are working towards transforming your dreams into reality while making things easier and safer for you. Let’s be cautious of our health and surroundings and make every move with responsibility. Together we can fight all the odds, leading to a healthy and progressive world. Stay Safe!